A REALTOR® is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.
The Code establishes time-honored and baseline principles that come from the collective experiences of REALTORS® since the Code of Ethics was first established in 1913. Those principles can be loosely defined as:
Loyalty to clients;
Fiduciary (legal) duty to clients;
Cooperation with competitors;
Truthfulness in statements and advertising; and non-interference in exclusive relationships that other REALTORS® have with their clients.
To earn a designation, a REALTOR® a real estate agent has taken coursework and demonstrated specific skills, performance and knowledge in a particular area of the real estate industry.
I have earned the GRI and ABR designations.
- Have pursued a course of study that represents the minimum common body of knowledge for progressive real estate professionals.
- Have developed a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to navigate the current real estate climate—no matter what its condition.
- Are recognized nationally.
- Act with professionalism and are committed to serving their clients and customers with the highest ethical standards.
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is designed for real estate buyer agents who focus on working directly with buyer-clients. These agents have received:
- Valuable real estate education, skills, and knowledge to assist home buyers.
- Ongoing specialized information, programs and updates that help them stay on top of the issues and trends in successfully representing home buyers.